WELCOME TO THE HOME OF THE CHARCOAL PIG
SOMETHING TO CELEBRATE?
- 18th? 21st? 40th? more … ?
- Wedding anniversary?
- Hen party?
- Shooting party?
- November 5th?
- Stag night?
- Summer drinks?
- Corporate entertainment?
- Barn dance?
- Family affair?
CREATE A STUNNING AND MEMORABLE EVENT WITH THE CHARCOAL PIG
We use locally sourced and produced meat roasted over traditional lump-wood charcoal for many hours to produce succulent, moist, tasty meat. Roasting meat over a natural wood product imparts a flavour to the meat that is second to none. You just can’t get the same results with gas.
We also roast at eye-level making even the cooking a pleasure to watch. The constant turning of the meat over the glowing charcoal ensures that it is continually basted in its own juices, retaining both flavour and moisture.
The Charcoal Pig – Hog Roasts for all occasions – a great spectacle as the main event – and equally effective as a backdrop and conversation piece.
We are based in the South-East of England and cover mainly the South-East region and London areas — but will travel to other areas by arrangement.
The Charcoal Pig is mobile, transportable and easily erected at virtually any site. All that is required from you is access to an electricity supply (to power the engine).
Our staff will ensure that the pig is roasted to perfection, carved and available for your guests to help themselves, leaving you free to relax and enjoy your event.
We will supply the lump wood charcoal, the pig (other joints on request), bread rolls, stuffing and apple sauce, paper plates and napkins.
Our pork, lamb, venison, turkey and all other options are locally and responsibly sourced.
To discuss your requirements and costs involved, please contact us.
WHAT THE CHARCOAL PIG CAN OFFER
- we do all the work of setting up at your chosen venue, preparation of the roast and serving your guests – so all you have to do is enjoy!
- we operate year round so, winter or summer, whatever you are celebrating, we can help create a stunning and memorable event
- we cover south-east England and London but will travel to other areas on request
- to help you with planning, typically, a pig weighing in at 64 Kilos will feed 150 people and we’ll supply the bread rolls, stuffing and apple sauce, paper plates and napkins, too
- you may be surprised to find how economical a pig roast is compared to other events
- The Charcoal Pig polo shirts, fleeces and aprons, all with our Charcoal Pig logo, are available to purchase at cost
Or Check out our Barbeque page for other ideas
Planning a small party of say 20 guests? We recognise that an entire pig or lamb is not always appropriate, so we additionally offer an extensive charcoal barbeque as an alternative. This could feature any combination of seasoned marinated meats you require. Simply contact us with your requirements and we will give you a quote per head. We are happy to make recommendations and give advice if you need help with your decision making process.
Although many people only think about barbeques in the summer months there are many occasions during the winter when The Charcoal Pig barbeque could be engaged to cheer you up!
- November 5th Party?
- Winter Barn Dance?
- Winter Birthdays?
- Winter Anniversary’s?
The Charcoal Pig is able to operate safely in barns and allied outdoor buildings.
Any combination of the meats and fish listed below might help you to formulate a plan.
- Chicken – breast, leg, thighs, spatch-cock poussin.
- Pork – fillet, leg steaks, belly, loin chops, rack of ribs.
- Lamb – chops, leg steaks, burgers.
- Beef – fillet, sirloin, or rump steaks, burgers.
- Salmon – whole, filleted side, steaks.
- Duck – whole boned, breast, legs.
- Gammon – steaks.
- Sausages – Any combination, venison, pork, lamb, chilli, herbs – the options are endless!
- Vegetarian – Burgers, sausages, sweet corn, stuffed mushrooms etc.
- CUSTOMER COMMENTS
- Charles and Linda Dawson
- When our daughter got married, we decided that The Charcoal Pig would be the ideal way to get a Marquee-In-The-Garden wedding reception going with a bang. And so it proved! The magnificent spit-raost beast, and the mighty impressive roasting apparatus, drew an admiring circle of wedding guests, and (next after the Bride & Groom, of course) The Pig was definitely the star of the show! Mark (The Chef) officiated over the elaborate preparation ritual, and was his inimitable self, dishing up delicious cuts of succulent meat to the guests, every inch mine host. (Or is thatmine roast?). Either way, we were getting compliments for weeks after the event.
- Trevor J Lowe
- If you are thinking of entertaining or feeding a large group and the idea of a pig roast has come to mind – make sure it’s a Charcoal Pig roast!
- I can testify that using real charcoal makes a big difference to the quality of the end product, couple that with the expertise, professionalism and charm of The Charcoal Pig Company and you have a winning combination.
- Mrs N Vine
- The Charcoal Pig was the perfect way to celebrate my Husband’s 40th Birthday. We decided to have a pair of suckling pigs. The whole event was a great success – the pigs were cooked perfectly and all our guests were fed in great style, with plenty to go round.
- An original way to celebrate – everyone remarked on the spectacle of the pigs roasting over the coals, and how tasty the meat was!
- Thank you all so much for your hard work and organizing a day that will live long in our memory.